About Pre-DETOX & Post-DETOX nutrition
About Pre-DETOX nutrition
About raw vegan
The raw vegan program is a plant-based one that does not involve heated food above 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius) and basically includes raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and nut pastes or butters, seeds, grain and legume sprouts, plant oils, herbs, and fresh juices -preferably organic.
Switching to a raw vegan diet from the modern cooked diet can be a huge step and may produce a serious detox crisis so it is advisable to first take intermediate steps like getting off of refined sugar and salt and other harmful or addictive chemicals. Bread, baked goods and flour or grain products in general are perhaps the most addictive foods of all. Our modern diet is very taste-oriented and we are basically all drug addicts, so this is the hardest part to get over before you can enjoy the benefits of a natural raw diet, but the fight will be worth it.
One of the first effects of the raw vegan program is the weight you will lose. No matter how much raw fruits or veggies you eat you will never gain weight. You will in fact LOSE weight, especially if you are unhealthy or overweight. It is the perfect weight loss diet! The reason we gain a lot of weight on cooked or processed foods is because the body must retain more water to neutralize all the toxins you accumulate on such a diet. When you eat raw and organic there are no toxins to dilute or neutralize so all that water(toxins included) is flushed out. Also, raw live foods are much easier to digest or assimilate putting less burden on your digestive system and more time into cleaning or repairing your body.
The other effect of the raw food diet is of course the way you look and feel. Once you’re past the detox phase, your energy or strength will soar and so will your alertness or concentration. Gone will be your aches and pains or whatever was chronically ailing you. Your eyes will become brighter, your skin softer, and your gait or step faster and better coordinated. Best of all you will slow down or even reverse the aging process, especially if you combine this diet with fasting.
In parallel with the specific nutrition is mandatory to undertake various therapies in order to get rid of those tough and pesky parasites or deeply imbedded toxins which can impede or slow down your healing process.
Healthier, of course, also means happier. You will radiate joy and confidence and will wonder why everyone else is not eating this way. But you must persist. Most people give up too early, often after a few days or weeks into raw vegan diet. Things start to stabilize after two or three months. If you are old or in bad shape it is only natural that you will have to wait longer to correct or reverse all those years of indulgence, neglect and abuse.
Be smart, be healthy, be a raw vegan!
Foods to include when detox
- fresh fruits
- unsweetened, natural juice
- dried fruit – unsweetened, in limited amounts, such as cranberries, dates, raisins, goji berries
- All raw vegetables are recommended
- Vegetables thought to be particularly good detox foods: broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli sprouts, onions, garlic, artichokes, beets, and dark leafy greens such as kale, collard greens, and swiss chard
Grains and Starches
- whole grains
Beans and Legumes
- split yellow and green peas
Nuts and Seeds
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- sesame seeds
- chia seeds
- coconut, especially young coconuts
Choose unsalted, raw nuts and seeds.
- cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- hemp oil
- flax oil
- chia oil
- almond oil
- avocado oil
- coconut oil
- safflower, sesame, and sunflower oils in limited amounts (due to omega-6 fatty acids)
This detox diet food list is continued from the previous page
- “milks” made from allowed foods, almond milk, coconut milk – except canned coconut milk
- herbal teas
- green tea
- lemon water
- unsweetened juice made from allowed fruits and vegetables
- mineral or seltzer water – in limited amounts
- agave syrup
- real maple syrup
- raw honey
- black strap molasses
- black olives
- lemons and limes
- fresh and dried herbs and spices
- cacao powder and cacao nibs
- carob powder
- sea salt
Daily Detox Do’s
- Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day
- Take the time to chew food well.